- It is happening.
- It will be happening for a while yet.
- To survive, you need to prepare and cover the basics.
- Be grateful for all the people (e.g., Mike) who have been sounding the alarm for a while now, long enough for you to (not) get your act together.
- Also be grateful for all the people who have been preparing, who are (somewhat) prepared, and who are (sometimes) willing to teach you.
- Stop hoping that status quo ante-collapsus will somehow be magically restored; that world is gone forever. The planet is finite, and we have reached its limits.
- "Fracking"—the latest fossil fuel techno-fix, is nothing short of Earth-rape; not only that, but it is a net waste of energy.
- There is a global generational revolution underway. American baby-boomers with their depleted savings and worthless equity and looted entitlements are out; the rest of the planet, which they have short-changed, is taking over. We are all Egyptians now.
Bracing stuff, wouldn't you say?